Lead magnets are one of the best ways to get more email subscribers for your business.
Lead magnet is irresistible bribe offering a specific chunk of value to a prospect in exchange for their contact information.
Why is it important to have an email list? Because it’s the best way to build a relationship with potential customers in an intimate way.
What can you do with an email list?
You can use your list for many things, the most obvious being to sell your products or service. However, there are other ways you can provide value to your list:
- Exclusive content — How-to, Videos, Invitations
- Pre-sale information with exclusive coupons or discounts
- New blog post alerts
- Feedback opportunities
Once you start to build your email list, it is essential that you segment the audience carefully, so they receive relevant content to what they opted in with when downloading the lead magnet.
In today’s market is extremely important for businesses to constantly be adding customers to their email list as is will help you to drive more traffic back to your website or landing pages resulting in more conversions.
What is a Lead Magnet?
It’s a piece of content that your target audience wants and lead them through sales funnel on your website.
Lead magnets usually offer a piece of digital, downloadable content, such as a free PDF checklist, report, eBook, whitepaper or video.
The goal of the lead magnet is to maximise the number of targeted leads you are getting for an offer.
When creating a lead magnet the most important element to success is…
You simply need to solve a specific problem with a specific solution for a specific segment of your market.
Why Every Business Needs a Lead Magnet
If you want to generate leads online, then your business needs a lead magnet.
Because email is a very personal thing. People aren’t simply going to give you their email address without a good incentive.
When someone downloads your lead magnet this means that they are at the start of the sales process with your business, with a clear-cut strategy you can convert them into a paying client.
With the potential customer downloading the content, you know that they are interested in your product or service, this little bit of information will help you understand that this customer belongs to your target audience and can be identified as your ‘ideal customer.’
For example, let’s say you have a blog post on the 5 reasons why you need digital marketing. At the end of the post, you ask readers to join your email list for “updates”.
Or instead, you could ask readers to opt-in into your email list and get a free, downloadable PDF whitepaper on the benefits digital marketing is having on local businesses.
Which lead magnet do you think will get the most email signups?
Exactly – the second one!
Can you now see the importance of having a lead magnet?
How To Make a Lead Magnet That Your Customers Want?
There are 7 things that your lead magnet should do if you want it to be absolutely irresistible:
- Provide a solution to their problem – if your lead magnet doesn’t solve a real problem that your customer avatar has, or if it doesn’t give them something they really want, it won’t work at all.
- Quick win for your customers – your lead magnet should promise (and deliver) one quick win for your avatar. It should help them to easily achieve something.
- Be super specific – don’t create a lead magnet about something general. The more specific you are about the benefit of your lead magnet, the better it will convert leads. Will give you a better understanding of your target market objections.
- Quick & easy to digest – you don’t want to overwhelm your prospect. Something quick and easy to read and consume is best. PDF lists work really well.
- Seen as high value – your lead magnet should have both high perceived value and high actual value.
- Instantly accessible – your lead magnet will work best if it is something that can be delivered right away. People love instant gratification.
- Demonstrates your expertise or UVP – when someone consumes your lead magnet, it should demonstrate what you do and how you can help them.